Sports medicine can be defined as a branch of medicine that deals with physical fitness, treatment and prevention of injuries related to sports and exercise. Here at Physio Pro P.C. we specialize in sports related injuries. Over the years, we have treated numerous recreational, collegiate and professional athletes affiliated with the NCAA, NFL, NBA, NHL, AFL, PGA, LPGA, and USA Olympic athletics.
Each sport is unique. The Sports medicine specialists at Physio Pro will take into account your sport, level of competition, injury, position, and ultimate goals when formulating your rehabilitation plan of care.
In addition to the rehabilitation of athletic injuries, we offer numerous sports enhancement programs to bridge the gap between return to sport and athletic performance. A few of the programs are listed below.
We specialize in the following sports/athletes:
- Endurance Sports: Road/Trail Running, Ultra, Triathlon, Cross Country Cycling, and Mountain Biking injury rehabilitation. From repetitive strain injuries to extensive orthopedic trauma, our rehab team will and can meet your needs and integrate your rehab into your current rehab regime. We also offer biomechanical assessments and running video gait analysis via our Run-Smart Program.
- Track and Field: Track injuries are common and we are ready to address any strains/sprains or other injuries affecting your performance. In addition, we offer our Accelerate program, which will increase your, speed, acceleration and overall power taking your event to the next level.
- Jumping Sports: Basketball, Volleyball: Our clinic specializes in the jumping athlete. In 2009, we released a DVD in conjunction with Steve Traina MD, team physician for the Denver Nuggets. This comprehensive criterion based approach, incorporated plyometric (jumping) exercise in the rehabilitation of the jumping athlete.
- Snow Sports: Alpine Skiing, Telemark Skiing , Nordic Skiing, and Snowboarding injury rehabilitation. We offer Dry-Land injury prevention and enhancement training following your rehab via our Wintervention program.
- Golf: After your initial rehab is completed, our First Tee Fitness program includes a biomechanical screening, video analysis, and exercise prescription by a TPI certified professional
- Soccer: Our staff is deeply embedded with soccer tradition. Our staff has recreational, collegiate and professional soccer experience and works closely with many of the local teams and athletes. “The beautiful game” is a passion of Physio Pro. In addition, we offer our Accelerate program. This program will help you increase you speed, acceleration and agility both on and off the ball.
- Football: We specialize in all football related injuries. Mark Adams PTA, ATC, MS worked for the Denver Broncos Football Club for a number of years as an athletic trainer and is an expert in sports medicine and how it pertains to football. Our Accelerate program is an excellent adjunct to your rehab to help boost your explosiveness, power and speed associated with football.
- Baseball and Softball: We specialize in the overhead athlete and injuries associated with throwing. Nick Nathan CSCS, TPI-C can take your game to the next level following rehab with a thrower specific strength, flexibility, rotational movement and conditioning program. Nick uses the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to help identify any mobility or stability
- Hockey: We have worked with numerous collegiate athletes and NHL athletes and have a hockey Guru on staff. Mark Adams, PTA, ATC, MS worked as an athletic trainer for the University of Minnesota for many years before joining Physio Pro.
- Lacrosse: LAX is the fastest growing sport in Colorado. We have treated numerous local athletes following their injuries and that trend will continue to grow.
- Swimming: From repetitive strain injuries to extensive orthopedic trauma, our rehab team will and can meet your needs and keep you injury free and in the pool.
- Tennis: We specialize in the overhead athlete and injuries associated with racquet sports. Nick Nathan CSCS, TPI-C can take your game to the next level following rehab with a tennis specific strength, flexibility and conditioning program via the Functional Movement Screen.
We also have experience treating the following sports/athletes:
- Field Hockey
- Martial Arts
- Extreme Sports
- Ice Skating
- Outdoor Sports
Common Sports-Related Injuries We Treat